Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Simply Awesome (China Day 5)

1 April 2007

As we're extending our trip to Zhongdian & Lijiang, on the 5th day, we all woke up very early to catch a flight to Zhongdian, also known as Shangrila. For those qualifiers who did not extend the trip, their journey would have ended in Kunming itself, and they will fly back to M'sia on the 5th day.

So.. our journey continues.. and it gets better and better. We flew.... and before you knew it, we saw snow capped mountains through the plane's windows. Wah..... the mountains are sooooo beautiful..... The landscape is totally different. We're landing on Shangrila, the whole place is about 3000+ meters above sea level, and the weather that morning - 0 degree celcius!

When I walked out of the plane, i can see smoke coming out from my mouth when I breathe. kekeke.. just like dragon.. AHHHHH.....

The first place that we were brought to, is the SongZanlin Monastery - the largest Tibetan Buddhist monastery in Yunnan. It is also known as the 'little Potala Palace' because of its similarities with the Potala Palace in Tibet.

I fell totally in love with this place. Words and pictures cannot do justice to this place. You just have to be there to experience it. It's more than breathtaking and awesome... This whole place has a special atmosphere to it. It is mysterious.. it is spiritual.. serenity..







After visiting the monastery, we were brought to visit a rich man's house. The locals here display how rich they are by the size of their house pillars - the 'fatter' their pillars are, the richer they are. So, as you see in the pic, apparently this fella who own the house is very rich la.. duh..


So much for a rich fella's house... then we went makan.. Hey still 5-star food ya... filled the whole table with meat & vege & soup.. BURPPP!!

Next... to Napa Lake for a horse riding experience :) I was the first to jump onto the horse.. hey.. Rm15 for 40 mins ride.. worth it ma!! I've always wanted to ride on a horse and I finally get to do it - in China!! I also get to hug a cute adorable sheep too!! Looks abit like doggie eh?




And finally.. back to Paradise hotel for a rest & nap... syiok... Loved the room... perfect for couples..


At night, we went for dinner at a nearby restaurant and then we were sent back to the hotel. For those who wanted to shop abit, they went opposite the hotel and walked around at the shops. For my parents, they went out to the open lounge to have beer with their new found friends on the trip, and for me... heheh... KARAOKE!! Hey don't forget it's 3300 meters above sea level.. the lungs are only being used to 70% of it's capacity.. Kinda difficult to sing Jay's 安静 and Lee Hom's 唯一... but I did it!! heheh...

Overall rating for the day - absolutely superb & fantastically awesome!

Next - Day 6 in China

No comments: